To uninstal the WordStar Command Emulator you need to delete the wordstar.dot or (WStar14.dot) file from your Word STARTUP folder. The next time you start Word the WordStar Command Emulator won''t be loaded. You can also temporarily turn off the WordStar Command Emulator.
To un-install the WordStar Command Emulator:
- In Word Click the large round Office button at the top left of the windows (Word 2007) or the File tab (Word 2010 and 2013), then click Options.
- In Word Options, click Advanced.
- Scroll to the General section (near the bottom of the page), then click the File Locations button.
- In the File Locations window, under File types, click Startup, and then click Modify to display the full path in a folder selector window.
For Windows 7 and 10
Click the folder icon at the left end of the Address bar to expand the full path (by default a clickable "breadcrumb" path is shown for the last few folders in the path - the actual number of folders displayed depends on the width of the window).
Either write down this path, or use your mouse to select it all, and then right-click on it and select Copy.
For all other Windows versions
- Click the arrow at the right-hand end of the Look in box. The box should be showing STARTUP.
- Note down all of the folders from C up to and including the folder named STARTUP.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the STARTUP folder you noted above (If you copied the path you can paste it into the Windows Explorer Address bar to save the typing).
- In the STARTUP folder, right-click on the wordstar.dot file, and then select Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Close Windows Explorer.
Note: This will not remove your user details from the Windows Registry (username and serial number)